Coway Aquamega Filters Being Tested in Lab
BLOG ARTICLES

Why are water purifiers so important?

What’s in your water?

Unfiltered water harbors all kinds of particles and contaminants, from heavy metals and toxic chemicals to microorganisms that can cause health problems. The quality of your water depends both on its source and the way it’s delivered to your home’s faucets. 

What is lead poisoning?

Children exposed to lead can suffer from behavior and learning problems, lower IQ and hyperactivity, slowed growth, hearing problems and anemia. In adults, lead poisoning can affect pregnancy, blood pressure and kidney health and cause reproductive issues in both men and women. 

Lead can enter drinking water when plumbing materials that contain lead corrode, especially where the water has high acidity or low mineral content that corrodes pipes and fixtures. According to the EPA, the most common lead sources in drinking water are lead pipes, faucets, and fixtures. Luckily. human skin can’t absorb lead from water, so you only need to worry about the water you ingest. If you’re drinking purified water from your Aquamega 200C, you have nothing to worry about since its two-stage carbon block filters remove 99.9% of lead and cysts.

What are cysts in unfiltered water?

Cysts are parasites found in the intestinal tracts of animals that can infect surface water and groundwater under the influence of surface water when the animals defecate. The parasites spread to humans when they ingest them in unfiltered water, and infection can spread via contaminated surfaces, food and contact with other infected people. Giardiasis is a common illness caused by a cyst called Giardia that can cause diarrhea and stomach cramps. 

What are PFCs?

Perfluorinated Compounds, also known as PFCs, are chemicals used in products that resist or repel oil, grease, and water-based liquids, often marketed as stain-resistant or non-stick fabrics or surfaces. According to the CDC, when ingested in large amounts, PFCs can affect growth and development, reproduction, and injure the liver. 

What are VOCs?

Volatile organic compounds, also known as VOCs, are a subcategory of organic compounds with a high vapor pressure at room temperature. They are highly flammable, and a few common examples include butane, propane, acetone and pesticides. Excess ingestion fo VOCs can cause damage to the brain, nerves, kidneys and liver. Excess exposure can also can cause cancer. 

What does the Aquamega 200C 2-Stage Filter remove? 

The Carbon Block filter reduces chlorine, chloramine and other odor-causing substances. It also removes lead, mercury, cysts, BPA, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The Sediment filter removes infusible particles such as sand, rust, cysts, and turbidity.

Proven to provide healthier water

Aquamega’s 200C filters are tested and certified by the Water Quality Association. They have been tested and certified to remove 99.9% of lead and cysts from water in addition to PFCs* and VOCs*. If you are interested in Aquamega 200C for your home or business, learn more at cowaymega.com/aquamega.

 

 

*Internal test data